Author Topic: Black Friday Special - Bruiser Yellow Tails and Reds  (Read 5025 times)

Offline Opah147

• Global Moderator
  • "we're gonna need a bigger ski"
    • View Profile
Black Friday Special - Bruiser Yellow Tails and Reds
« on: December 01, 2014, 08:32:53 PM »
Hi All!
In an earlier post, I sadly said, “The window is shutting on big game…”. But I’m elated to say, "I was wrong!"

Yellowtail reports spiked this week which made my Black Friday plans very clear. Today, the weather was perfect and the Pacific calmer than any lake (68 degrees), like jet skiing on glass. I bolted down to Oceanside from DP with 4 to 5 inch dines which I’m happy to say all survived the trip.

Not a paddy in sight, I stopped on a fairly thick bait fish mark….3rd, 4th, 5th cast, then FISH ON!  I was throwing my “go to” blue/white Sumo Iron when I hooked this 29 lb yellowtail bruiser.  Needless to say, this fish turned on the hurt and even spun my ski around a couple of times…this is the beauty of catching big game on a jet ski.  I caught this yt on 40 pound P-line, with my Trinidad 30, and Calstar grafighter 20-40 lb rod. I was also able pick off reds throughout the day, all released.

The window's still open! See you on the bite. Ben

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:18:11 PM by Opah147 »

Offline Lamin_Babcock

• "I'm here... and I brought the big ski"
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday Special - Bruiser Yellow Tails and Reds
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 11:13:06 PM »
Heck Yeah!!! Dang I miss my ski!... I'll sit in a crappy kayak if you'll pull me behind you on these adventures. I'll even cut your fish for you! LOL
Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Opah147

• Global Moderator
  • "we're gonna need a bigger ski"
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday Special - Bruiser Yellow Tails and Reds
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
Heck Yeah!!! Dang I miss my ski!... I'll sit in a crappy kayak if you'll pull me behind you on these adventures. I'll even cut your fish for you! LOL
Nice! Get your ski ready...this is gonna be another epic season...I can feel it in my bones! Feel free to post past catches from earlier days. Gulf fishing is awesome!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:57:19 AM by Opahgangnamstyle »