Author Topic: 2-14-15 Valentine's Day Yellow  (Read 1774 times)

Offline sambo

• View Profile
2-14-15 Valentine's Day Yellow
« on: February 23, 2015, 11:31:48 AM »
So I asked my wife what she wanted to do for Valentine's day and she said, "I want to catch a yellow." I nearly started crying. lol.
Headed out around 8:00am and were launched and out to the spot by 8:30am. It was another triple threat with Jack and Mike, only this time my wife was ready to get some action. I set her up fishing the rear while i fished the front for the first 15 minutes. I am ready to move and start the motor and I tell my wife, reel it up we're headed to another spot." She then yells at me "I got something BIG!" Im thinking she is hooked to the bottom but i turn and look at her and the fishing pole is pointed straight in the water and she is barely hanging on!(40lb top shot and fairly tight drags). 15 minutes later, i land a ~30lb yellow.

BEST.VALENTINE'S DAY.EVER.

I can go on about how the fight went but i will let the gppro video describe what happened. Skip to minute 6 for the gaff shot:

Offline Opah147

• Global Moderator
  • "we're gonna need a bigger ski"
    • View Profile
Re: 2-14-15 Valentine's Day Yellow
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 02:22:02 PM »
Nice Sam! You guys did a great job landing that fish. Whatcha gonna do next time when you get a double hook up lol? A memorable Valentine's for sure. Thanks for sharing! Ben

Offline sambo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 04:03:06 PM »
Its gonna get really interesting to say the least! lol btw, i caught this one on the shimano flat fal 100g sardine if youre interested in something that wont kill your back with the heavy yoyo's.

Offline Shmoopdawg

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:56:27 AM »
Damn, my eyes welled up a little just reading that story.  She's definitely a keeper!

Offline Opah147

• Global Moderator
  • "we're gonna need a bigger ski"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 04:17:16 PM »
Its gonna get really interesting to say the least! lol btw, i caught this one on the shimano flat fal 100g sardine if youre interested in something that wont kill your back with the heavy yoyo's.
We were wondering how your wife out fished you that day... ;D! I'll definitely look into it. What color? It seems to me that the flat fall is similar to a butterfly jig. Thanks for the tip! Ben

Offline sambo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 08:57:44 PM »
Damn, my eyes welled up a little just reading that story.  She's definitely a keeper!

She cant wait to go out and get some more! :o

Ben, It was the sardine color. Its similar to the butterfly jigs but do their work on their way down. Nice and easy.  8)