Author Topic: La Jolla  (Read 357 times)

Offline Jester

• View Profile
La Jolla
« on: April 23, 2017, 02:34:39 PM »
Dawn patrol this morning, the conditions weren't too bad when I set out of Mission Bay this morning. Water temp 62 degrees, overcast with dirty green water still and the bite was real slow. The wind picked up and by 11:00 am it was kicking around 7-8 knots with some nasty swells. Ended up catching and releasing a small YT, some other guys further west were reporting a Thresher and 30lb YT. There was a lot of bait out there, the green backs where on the big side.
Jester
San Clemente, Ca.

Offline PNWskifishing

• View Profile
    • PNW Jet Ski Fishing
Re: La Jolla
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 05:59:36 AM »
nice work!  you guys get some fun species in close down there, our tuna fishery here in Oregon is 30+ miles out only a couple months a year.  sounds like a fun trip!
2015 Kawasaki Ultra LX
https://www.pnwjetskifishing.com

Offline Opah147

• Global Moderator
  • "we're gonna need a bigger ski"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
Hey Jester,

Glad to hear you've been going out. The winds have been blown pretty hard up in our area too and 5 plus foot swells....once it calms a bit, I'll be out. Any photos? What area did you work? Any paddies? Any chatter about the bluefins?

Thanks for the report.

Ben :D :D :D

Offline Jester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 04:02:27 PM »
Ben I didn't take any pics this trip, I was working water from 85 to 120 deep from north to south, wasn't out far enough for paddies. Last I heard the Bluefin are still down further south west.

PNW if you are ever down south give a shout, lots of options down here!
Jester
San Clemente, Ca.