Author Topic: 02-07-15  (Read 1150 times)

Offline socali714

• View Profile
02-07-15
« on: February 08, 2015, 08:39:35 AM »
So Sam, Jack, and I decided to go again this weekend.  We heard of mixed reports of good weather and some with choppy conditions for Saturday.  We decided to go anyways.  Jack launched at the usual time but Sam and I met up a little later because of weather and he was bringing his wife as well.  Wanted to play it safe and ride in more calmer waters.  We met up at the launch, got our gear ready, and took off!  The weather was nice, water was calm, and we got to the location pretty quickly. 

We got to the location and called for Jack on the Radio.  We got no response (my radio antenna broke last week, still functional but acts up).  After several attempts, we decided to fish for a little.  Sam and his wife hooked up on some rockfish but I had no luck.  I was riding around close to boats while they were fishing and then finally spotted Jack!  We talked for a little and we see the local charter hooking up on 3 poles.  A few minutes later Jack is hooked up!  Jack calls me over, I take a few pics, then he tells me to hurry and drop my line.  After a few attempts, wham! I'm hooked on!

Below are the pics of our catch.  Jack and I ended up landing a yellow each.  Sam and his wife caught rockfish but no yellows this time (always next time!).  All in all, it was another great weekend.  The waters were actually really calm in the morning, then got rough after 2p.

(Sorry about the sideway pics, too lazy to change them)

Offline Opah147

• Global Moderator
  • "we're gonna need a bigger ski"
    • View Profile
Re: 02-07-15
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »
Man o man....two for two! U on Fire! The yellowtail counts have been spotty at best these days which that makes your catch that much sweeter. I'm happy for Jack too for getting another one. Wish I was out there with you guys, but I had to be a "Land Lover" this week end...but I'll be out there soon my friends. Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming!

Ben :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:08:00 PM by Opah147 »

Offline sambo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:11:10 PM »
took the wife out this time around and she said she had enough of rock fishing and wants to land a yellow.  :o

Offline Opah147

• Global Moderator
  • "we're gonna need a bigger ski"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 01:47:19 PM »
took the wife out this time around and she said she had enough of rock fishing and wants to land a yellow.  :o
Nice, Sam!...hope your wife had a good time. Becareful what she wishes for....if she lands a big yellow, you may have to set her up with her own rig  ;) How cool would that be?!  ???
Ben
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:56:46 PM by Opahgangnamstyle »