Author Topic: a week of salmon fishing  (Read 363 times)

Offline PNWskifishing

• View Profile
    • PNW Jet Ski Fishing
a week of salmon fishing
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:07:53 AM »
Spent a week of vacation to get some salmon fishing in and wasn't disappointed! fished 7 of the 9 days i had off and got into fish every day. was pretty much a coho show with only one chinook for the week, here's some of the action with a bit of bottom fishing mixed in from earlier this year.

2015 Kawasaki Ultra LX
https://www.pnwjetskifishing.com

Offline Opah147

• Global Moderator
  • "we're gonna need a bigger ski"
    • View Profile
Re: a week of salmon fishing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »
Nice video, Spencer!
Looked like it was wide open on the coho. I forgot how much fun salmon fishing is...were you guys using herring plugs?

You've had an amazing year. Do you and your buddies every fish the CR bouy and/or up the Columbia? Any sturgeon action? Here's a baby I caught some years ago at Hammond, OR.

Again....impressive. Thanks for sharing, Pal!

Ben  :D :D :D

Offline PNWskifishing

• View Profile
    • PNW Jet Ski Fishing
Re: a week of salmon fishing
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 03:14:50 PM »
all the salmon action in the video was off the mouth of the CR.  Sturgeon has been closed to retention for us for a few years now, they did a couple days of open retention this year, but it was a zoo down there so i passed and went halibut fishing.  the salmon rig i use is the standard diver, flasher, herring...with a good roll on the herring, they just can't say no if your in them - just wished i was able to find more than 1 king...and it ended up being my wife that landed the it not me on her maiden voyage fishing from the ski.  Tuna water is a bust for us right now - reports of small numbers being caught 50-70 miles out, nothing within my range since that trip a few weeks back.  Still got another month and a half before things start to die off for us and big ocean water moves in for the winter, so hopefully will get several more trips in.
2015 Kawasaki Ultra LX
https://www.pnwjetskifishing.com